Saturday, April 15, 2017

Trailers! Trailers! Trailers! #4

Well, it's that time again! Let's see this week's new trailers

THE BAD BATCH
Oh yeah, I've been looking forward to this one for a while now simply because it's a movie about cannibals that has Jim Carrey as a hermit and Keanu Reeves as a cult leader. Call me crazy but I think this one looks like a real winner. The cinematography looks appealing and I'm more than intrigued to see what twisted directions this goes.

DETROIT
Hey! Kathryn Bigelow made another movie. In my book, that's usually a thing to keep one's eyes peeled for. And, boy, does this movie look intense. I'm not sure if the whole shaky cam aesthetic clicks together with the rather accurate looking recreation of late-1960s America; but, its certainly interesting and I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT
Is this going to be any good? Probably not, seeing that the Michael Bay Transformers movies have garnered a well-deserved reputation as the worst modern blockbuster cinema has to offer. That said, this trailer does look pretty cool and it looks like The Last Knight might bring something new to the table from a plot perspective. Of course, there's also other cool stuff like more robot dinosaurs and what looks like Optimus Prime gone bad. Overall, color me cautiously optimistic for this one. While I won't be surprised if this ends up being a stinker, I'll be happy if this ends up being the first good movie in this series since 2007.

That's all for this round. Tune in again when I ramble on about... something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment