Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Trailers! Trailers! Trailers! #3

Okay, I just did a big piece on the first trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. But, there have been a couple other new trailers that have hit the web recently. So, you know what that means.

ATOMIC BLONDE
The latest trailer for Atomic Blonde is a lot like the previous one; however, given that this one's a green band, so it's not as violent, lurid or profane as the last trailer. Frankly, even with the more R-rated bits being toned down a notch, this still looks like a lot of fun. The action looks solid (I mean one of the guys who did John Wick is in the director's chair for this, so how could it be anything less than stellar). Plus, the cast looks like they're bringing their A-game (especially Theron and McAvoy). Plus, I love the whole neon drenched, synthwave aesthetic that seems to pervade the film. Overall, just keep your eyes out for this one once July comes knocking.

BABY DRIVER
Well, it looks like great second trailers that aren't too dissimilar to the ones that preceded them is a recurring theme in this piece. Moving on, anyone who knows me knows that I've been itching for a new Edgar Wright picture for about three or four years now. Baby Driver definitely looks like my cup of tea. This latest preview is basically a shorter, sweeter version of the last one (i.e. fun looking action scenes, interesting angle on the movie's use of music, and interesting looking characters).  All of that's just fine... but, the reason I'm even happier now more so than I was when even the first trailer dropped is because of a release date shift. Instead of coming out in August, Sony's shifted the release date to the tail end of June. Getting potentially great movies sooner than initially anticipated is always a cause for celebration (or, at the very least, a smile).

You may have noticed that this installment of Trailers! Trailers! Trailers is a bit shorter than normal. Honestly, there weren't too many trailers that came out in the past few days; that said, I really wanted to talk about these two movies. I didn't get to sound off about them when their initial trailers were dropped; so, I figured now would as good a time as ever to give these two films a spotlight on my platform. Anywho, see you around when I find something else to sound off about.

No comments:

Post a Comment