Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bits n' Pieces Of Cinema News (04/19/2017)

Hey! Would you look at that? I'm introducing yet another new (possibly occasional) series of posts. Here, I'm going to talk about small news snippets that are worth discussing, even if they won't fill an entire piece. With that out of the way, let's get the ball rolling.


Being the guy who still hasn't made an outright bad movie in his entire career (if you don't believe me, look at his filmography -> click here), Guillermo del Toro is always a filmmaker to pay attention to. Seeing how his latest movie involves shenanigans involving a fishman set against the Cold War, I shouldn't have to explain why that's the case. The cast includes some really heavy-hitters like Michael Shannon, Octavia Spencer and del Toro regular Doug Jones. Definitely keep your eyes peeled for when this hits theaters, come December 8th.


So, we finally know what's going to be on Awesome Mix Volume 2. That's nifty! Like the last movie, it looks like James Gunn has assembled another eclectic concoction of classic tracks. My only gripe is that apparently that there was going to be another David Bowie song this time; sadly, the scene it was featured in was left on the cutting room floor. Still, that's a pretty minor nitpick and any has Electric Light Orchestra on it has to be worth something.


One of Marvel's upcoming flicks finally has a director (or directors, in this instance). The duo behind Mississippi Grind and Half Nelson are apparently helming this one. Granted, those are two movies I regretfully haven't seen yet; that said, considering how strong Marvel's creative confidence is and that the two aforementioned films have a relatively respectable reputation, I think I can safely say that this project is in good hands.


Blind Al's coming back for Deadpool 2. Nothing else to say other than she was one of the funniest things about the first Deadpool and I'm happy to hear she's returning for the sequel.

That's all I got for now. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about my routine ruminations.

No comments:

Post a Comment