Thursday, July 27, 2017

READY PLAYER ONE is "The Holy Grail of Pop Culture"


First things first, let me just say that the smarmy dismissal of this film just from the trailer is both confusing and rather depressing. Not only because this is a film from living legend Steven Spielberg, but also because the actual trailer is pretty darned cool if you ask me. If this exact same trailer came out when I was eight years old, I would've prematurely declared it as the greatest thing put to celluloid. Aside from the whole Tron meets Borderlands aesthetic, there's a whole bunch of cool bits and pieces scattered throughout this teaser. This is worth it just to know that there is a movie with Freddy Kruger, The Iron Giant, The DeLorean, T.J. Miller and Simon Pegg. This looks and feels like something I would (probably will) absolutely adore. We'll find out if I'm right next March. Plus, a trailer that uses Rush's "Tom Sawyer" for futuristic action scenes is going to be awesome.

SIDE NOTE: This bit right here is a little overblown and probably the only cringeworthy thing about this trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment