Sunday, July 9, 2017

Dillon's Take #3

Hey, would you look at that? Our talented guest critic Dillon Humphrey has returned with some more of his thoughts on films, both new and old.

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING
So I went to see Spider-Man Homecoming not realizing it came out only yesterday. That's irrelevant though.. This movie was great and exceeded my expectations by a TON. It made all the difference in the world that Marvel didn't try to make Peter Parker act like some adult that was super mature. Because he was anything but fully mature for half the movie due to his age, so that was a great detail. Though the villain in my opinion seemed a bit... Strange for the movie. Maybe even had a lack of characterization, but it wasn't that bad. I was also super shocked by that plot twist sometime near the end! Anyway, I thought the movie was spectacular and I cannot wait for a sequel!

Also, that very final post credit scene was to die for! If you ever intend to see this movie, watch it all the way through the very last text in the credits, and I promise you will not regret it!

THE INCREDIBLES

It's unbelievable how much of the plot I had forgotten since the last time I watched this movie. I was young though so I have an excuse. After rewatching it though I've come to enjoy it and like it as the great movie it is, since I'm now actually at an age where I can understand things.

I sincerely hope that Incredibles 2 can be as good or maybe even better than this one, cuz I would be so happy. I'm excited for the next installment.

"Honey? Where's my super suit?"

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL

I haven't seen this since I was like 6 or 7, and so I decided to take a look back and watch the first four Pirates of the Caribbean movies before I see Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Let me start by saying that the soundtrack to this movie is great. I don't normally pay attention to those, but this time was an exception because I was hooked by the two most well-known pieces of the track (in my opinion). Those would be "The Medallion Calls" and "He's a Pirate". Also, Johnny Depp does an outright amazing job playing the whacky pirate captain, Jack Sparrow. 

I'm glad I came back to watch this movie. Such a grand piece of my childhood had to be remembered, and at the time I wasn't old enough to remember what movies I'd watched. Hopefully I can get to the other two movies before I see the new one.

If you would like to read more of Dillon's reviews, check out his Letterboxd page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment