Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Trailers! Trailers! Trailers! #6

Well then. Seeing how we've got a plethora of new trailers coming out this week and I haven't done one of these in about eight months, I figured it was high time I did another piece where I talk about a whole bunch of new trailers.

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
I'm getting distinct vibes of both Adult Swim and Terry Gilliam (shades of Brazil, his crowning achievement of sorts, are all over this). Honestly, it looks cool and has a remarkably talented cast. A lot of the visuals seem to complement the satire. Plus, the reactions this thing has garnered from it's premiere at this year's Sundance film festival are extremely positive. I'm pretty confident we're in for a real treat with this one. Oh yeah and Armie Hammer's character seems deranged. Can't wait to see this!

TAG
Not sure if I'm feeling this one. It's a fun premise and it doesn't look awful. But, there isn't a moment that really made me laugh. Maybe, it's just a mediocre trailer; but, I have very little interest in finding out whether this is actually any good. Might make a good Redbox rental, though.

ACTION POINT
Jackass has always been a guilty pleasure of mine and I still a chuckle out of seeing how these guys are still. Likewise, I'm fairly curious about the latest project from Johnny Knoxville and company (especially considering how insane the stories that inspired this are). This trailer is reminding of stuff like Meatballs and I'm okay with that. Not much else to say. Looks charming enough. Moving on...

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDLEWALD
....what exactly do I have to say about this? First off, it's just a teaser. So, we only get a tiny glimpse of what's in for us come this November. Second, I haven't cared about the whole Harry Potter phenomenon since I was eleven years old. However, I did rent the first Fantastic Beasts not too long ago (it was perfectly fine, I guess). My only major complaint is switching from Colin Farrell to Johnny Depp for your film's antagonist is one of the biggest cinematic downgrades I've seen in quite a while. If you're into this sort of thing, get hyped...I think.

THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS
Love him or hate him (I'm more ambivalent to the man, myself), Eli Roth is a fairly unpredictable filmmaker. Sure, I'm just as tired of stuff like Hostel and Cabin Fever as a lot of others in online film discussions; but, who in a million years would've predicted that he'd have a role in a Tarantino film or direct a remake of Death Wish. But, now, a man who's primarily known for doing brutal splatter flicks is doing a kid-friendly horror picture. That's pretty interesting. The real kicker is that it doesn't look half bad. Jack Black and Cate Blanchett seem charming, there's some atmospheric moments/creative visuals and I am 100% supportive of more gateway horror films to get kids into the genre. Also, the 80s Universal logo in the opening is a nice touch.

And, that's all I got for now. Tune in later this week for when Matinee Everyday reviews Ready Player One.

No comments:

Post a Comment