Tuesday, March 27, 2018

State of Matinee Everyday and Other Affairs


Ladies and gentlemen, there are a few announcements I have to make. Nothing Earth-shattering; but, notable enough to warrant a whole blog post. The most prescient of these would be that this site will no longer be the sole source of my content. I've recently become a contributor at Comic Fade. If you're interested, my first article can be found here: https://comicfade.com/2018/03/26/80s-week-the-5-best-80s-horror-films/

Granted, you'll still see reviews, and trailer discussions up on this blog. I promise you that this doesn't spell doomsday for Matinee Everyday. Moving on, future reposts of my Letterboxd reviews will go under the title of "Review Round-Up" instead of "It Came From Letterboxd". I've found that this title conveys what's inside more effectively and more newcomer friendly so to speak. Short, sweet and to the point! Speaking of which, I've got a new post coming up after the Ready Player One review is published on Friday. Yes, you heard that right. Seeing how I had some spare time on my hands, I decided to attend an early screening of the film in order to have my review up as soon as possible. Per tradition, there won't be any spoilers.

Finally, I'll be starting up a podcast with a few friends called Can You Dig It? once summertime rolls around. It'll involve discussions about pop culture among other topics. Get hyped or be afraid. The choice is yours when all is said and done.

That's all for now. Fly casual, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment