Monday, May 8, 2017

BLADE RUNNER 2049 Looks Pretty Terrific

...and that's not just referring to the visuals.
First off, here are some words that I didn't expect to say in a post Suicide Squad world: I'm looking forward to seeing Jared Leto in a movie. I'm not kidding, his performance looks really creepy. Now then, on with the show.

The most obvious thing that's been said about this trailer by everyone and their mother is that this film looks absolutely gorgeous. To that I say, you don't say? Think about it for a moment. Not only is this sequel to one of the best looking films ever made, but they also hired Roger Deakins as this film's DP*. Of course, this was going to look absolutely stellar. I love how faithfully this sequel updates the aesthetic of the original and word on the street is they're mainly using practical effects for this. So, good news all around.

Thankfully, this doesn't give away much, if anything, story-wise (even if that does make this difficult to discuss at any degree of length). After watching this, I hit google and looked up the premise that was released and it looks they're going for The Force Awakens route when approaching the decades later sequel**. Honestly, I don't mind this approach. Partially because its probably the best way they could've gone about doing a Blade Runner sequel in this day and age; but, mainly because they got the guy who directed Arrival for this and you know what? I'm just take a second to do a quick PSA.

(clears throat)

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ARRIVAL, FIX THAT! IT'S BRILLIANT!

Okay, that's all I have to say for now. I leave you with some examples of how beautiful this movie is.
Happy Monday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment