Sunday, March 26, 2017

So, That Justice League Trailer Rocks!

Yeah, this movie's gonna rock! I'll admit that I'm an easy lay for anything tangentially connected to either Marvel or DC; but, even though I have been an adamant apologist for the DCEU, I'll admit it has gotten off to a pretty rocky start. But, with all that having been said, I think 2017 might be the year where Warner Brothers finally gets it act together. After all, consider the following factors for a moment or two: A) they've already had two decent-sized hits with Kong: Skull Island and The Lego Batman Movie  & B) they held a set visit about a year ago for Justice League and otherwise there's been no talk of behind-the-scenes meddling for it or Wonder Woman.

Okay, all that pontificating is all fine and dandy, but what are my thoughts on the actual trailer? I like it. A lot, actually. The action looks like a lot of fun and.. you know what, let me stop right there for a moment and address a criticism that's been quite irksome to me as of late. To all those people complaining about the Batmobile having machine guns in this, I have two things to say: 1) this isn't the first time that Batman's had this sort of arsenal equipped to the Batmobile (go back and watch the 1989 Tim Burton one if you need a refresher) and 2) He's fighting monsters solely intent on destruction and death... what else would you use to fight these things? Toothpicks?!? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Anyway, let's get to the nitty-gritty. The costumes? With the exception of Cyborg (who looks a little too much like a Transformer, but oh well, guess you can't win them all), I dig it. Batman and Wonder Woman look flawless, Aquaman's Atlantean armor looks impressive and I like how rough-around-the-edges Flash's costume is. The two scenes that stood out to me were the bit where Barry Allen and Bruce are talking and when the League is meeting with Commissioner Gordon... also, this bit where Aquaman jumps off the Batmobile straight towards those Parademons...

...love it! Ultimately, I hope this movie is awesome. It certainly looks awesome, I'll say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment