Thursday, March 2, 2017

My Thoughts On That Fancy New Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Poster... and also that new trailer, I guess

The first thing that stood out to me about this poster was just how colorful it is, especially compared to the majority of MCU posters. It gives off a very Flash Gordon/Buckaroo Banzai vibe and I dig it. A lot. And, from the looks of it, the actual movie is bound to be just as visually striking. Speaking of which, let's talk about that trailer...

While I do think this an awesome trailer for what will more likely more than not be a pretty awesome flick, it feels a lot like the last trailer only with a different (admittedly just as great) needle drop and... actually there is a bit more to talk about here. First off, get a look at the size of that gun!

Seriously, that thing is MASSIVE! I cannot wait to see how that beast comes into play. We also got some more of Baby Groot and Ayesha, the film's new antagonist. And, let's get to the thing everyone's talking about: Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet.

I'll just be honest and say that he looks exactly how I expected him to look (i.e. not like the giant purple planet with a beard from the comics). That said, I think he does look pretty cool. I mean its essentially Space Kurt Russell, how can that not be cool? And, who knows, maybe there will be a giant Kurt Russell planet in the final product. If James Gunn was mad enough to include Howard the Duck in the first one, anything can happen. So, yeah, this looks great.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 hits theaters May 5th.









No comments:

Post a Comment