Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Looking Back and Forward

At the time of writing, I've been running Matinee Everyday on and off for the better part of three years. I've found that I don't really have the time or passion for cranking out blog posts as much as I usually do.

It's been a productive year for me on every front except for this humble little blog. I've only published three posts in total. Why such a low number? Partly because I've been busy with other matters; but, mostly because I'm lacking the same drive towards traditional criticism that I used to (and even then, it was still just a hobby).

So, I'm changing things up a bit here. Even with new priorities, I still think there's a place for critique alongside the craft itself. From this point forward, Matinee Everyday will host a wider variety of my content. Reviews, opinion pieces, my own short films, insights towards my own filmmaking journey and a few other things. I have a big announcement coming tomorrow. So, keep an eye out for that.

So, happy new year! It's an exciting time to be alive, folks. Here's to keeping this running for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment