Saturday, February 11, 2017

Rating System Explained

Just to be clear, I'll have two reviews coming in the very near future. But before that, I feel that I should explain my ratings for movies before I dive into any actual critiquing. With all that out of the way, let's get the ball rolling.

MASTERWORK out of 10
This rating is specifically reserved for movies that I'd consider as close to perfect as movies can get (consider it my equivalent of a five-star rating). Examples: The World's End and Guardians of the Galaxy.

BADASS/EXCEPTIONAL out of 10
I divided this rating into because, while they both mean the same quality, they have different purposes. BADASS out of 10 would be used for a movie like Deadpool or John Wick and EXCEPTIONAL out of 10 would be used for movies like Brick or Arrival.

NICE JOB, MAN! out of 10
Bascially, movies I can describe as this...


SATISFACTORY out of 10
This one's for movies that I consider far from great but distinct enough to save them from being just okay.

MEDIOCRE out of 10
Mediocre out of 10 is for movies that are just.. meh. No further explanation needed.

CRAP out of 10
Most movies that I consider bad (i.e. the Transformers flicks and The Village) will get this. That having been said, there are some films I'll consider so atrocious, that they transcend being merely crap... which brings me to the next rating.

UNWATCHABLE out of 10
I suppose this rating speaks for itself. This rating is used for only the bottom of the barrel, only for absolute cinematic detritus (examples of this sort of filth include Movie 43 and Catwoman).

Now, you know my criteria for judging movies. I'll be back with reviews of John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Lego Batman Movie. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment